Tuesday, June 10, 2008

McKenna




This is a little girl with whom Bradyn seems to get along almost perfectly. Every time he sees her he tells me she is his best friend, and he reserves that title for her 90% of the time. They are only around 2 months different in age, and have been little buddies ever since they were tiny. I know we all have a friend or two in childhood that we remember as vividly as if it were yesterday...good foundations for a growing child. I'm thankful that Bradyn chose a friend that I feel comfortable having him spend time with. I know that she will be a positive influence on him, and I never have to worry about what kind of things he will learn and bring home when he is with her. I think a large part of that is because she has wonderful parents who spend time patiently teaching her...and it shows. :-) Now that both our family and her family is planning to move in the near future, we are starting to wonder what will happen to this little friendship. They seem to enjoy writing letters to each other now, so maybe they will be "penpals".

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sweet pictures. I noticed Sunday that they waited for each other to do things together and made sure the other kids knew that McKenna and Bradyn were a team. That's a fun age to have a best friend. And we understand the part of having to leave best friends behind. Snif!

Anita said...

Do you have a moving date? Are you going to time it to happen about the same time as Baby? ;) kidding.

thanks for your comment on my blog- glad for the update on G & C.