Friday, February 6, 2009

Oops

Well, I just looked at my blog and noticed that it has been over a month since my last post! Sorry about that. For some reason, I have a hard time posting because it seems like I never really get to post a cute little story or just the right thing....so, I guess we will have to settle for quick updates again.
We've been busy lately. Imagine that! Bradyn has been playing on a basketball team every Saturday. It's pretty neat, since it is for anyone to join, not just kids who attend a certain school. Since we're homeschoolers, we thought that would work out well. The games are at a local church gymnasium, and there are over 500 kids enrolled in the program. There are around 8 -10 kindergarten teams of 8 or so kids each. They arrive Saturday afternoon and practice for about 30 minutes and then play a game against one of the other K teams. The rules are great because they don't keep score at that age, although they are still thrilled when they get a basket! They are not allowed to steal the ball away from another player when they are dribbling down the court, so they are learning good control of the ball and the basic skills needed for the game. It's a good way to learn and keeps everyone positive. Ok, not EVERYONE. There are a couple dads that like to tell their boys to get it right...and that's not something I enjoy seeing, but over all the experience is a good one.
Last week my mom and brother came to stay for a week. It was really nice to have them here, if a bit crazy. Our 2 older boys seem to think that the rules don't apply when grandparents are here. :-) Over the weekend Dad came out and Mom, Kendan, and I went to scrapbook for a few days in Brown County. It was a nice little get away. Although, next year I think maybe I would get more actual scrapbooking done if I didn't bring my sweet little baby along. :-) I only managed to make 5 pages of the scrapbook I was working on. Not exactly a record.
This weekend we are going over to my brother Matt's place in Waterville, OH. He just finished building us a new computer which should be much "faster" than our current desktop. Right now I'm using Ken's laptop, so there aren't any pics available to post. I could upload to it, but I think I will just wait.
SO....now you know that we are here, and still alright. :-) I'm sorry for the lengthy pause between posts, and also for the rambling nature of this one! I have been updating my freebie blog a little more often, but I intend to do "better" at keeping up on both of them in the near future.

1 comment:

Corey, Julie, Trevin & Logan said...

Hi Ken and Megan and boys!
Trevin's been playing basketball, too, and the same rules apply for him. It's been fun. Friday night he actually scored a basket! :-) Hope Ken is feeling better! Sorry to hear about his little fender bender. Hope you all are feeling better. We've had our share of the sniffles too...no fun. How's the photography? Not many pics here, but I've been enjoying learning my Photoshop Elements program and editing pics and making digital scrapbooking pages. So much fun!
Take care and hi to all!