Monday, November 19, 2007

Autumn Brilliance




The leaves are so beautiful this time of year! As I admire their hues of crimson and gold, I am wondering how leaves can be so beautiful as they are dying. I wonder if this is a bit like God looking down on His people, those who are giving of themselves and dying to selfishness. There is beauty in it, even when in the struggle. When we see a friend who has sacrificed, we see the fruits of their sacrifice, the kindness and joy that is warmth to others...the dying to human nature brings out something brilliant, just like these leaves.

1 comment:

Corey, Julie, Trevin & Logan said...

You got some neat shots, Megan. I am wanting to get started in photography , too, but more the landscape shots and not portraits...though that is fun, too! I hope to buy a camera soon and start a class in the spring. Looks like you're off to a good start!